I thoroughly enjoyed Traver MacKenzie’s talk. It was very inspiring to learn about his personal experience and the discovery of his inquiry journey.  Inquiry tools from the pacific school combined with Traver’s concept of inquiry enriched my knowledge about inquiry-based learning and able to see how this can shape the learning of the students. I was deeply moved when Traver said that learning should be meaningful to students rather than following the dry traditional learning strategies. It shows the significance of building relationships with the students where I would be able to learn about their passion and strengths.

After hearing his talk, I would love to incorporate learning strategies where students can co-design their learning and assess their work. When he said unpacked my own learning or revisiting my memories from school. I have realized that I did not have much chance of inquiry-based learning and most of my learning was based on memorization. For my future, students I would like to focus on student centre learning and create an environment where they can thrive than compromise their learning. I would follow the swimming pool inquiry analogy developed by Traver.