This week’s class was interesting as it directly aligns with the new reality of the virtual world. How quick the learning nature has to adapt because of the pandemic. As modality is a combination of face-to-face and online blended learning.

In our discussion, we all agreed that it was challenging to shift from face-to-face learning to an online learning platform however, many of us are now comfortable and enjoying it. Having options of synchronous and asynchronous classes has both advantages and disadvantages. For instance, taking PE and Art classes in person would be more beneficial in face-to-face learning as these subjects require more hands-on learning.

Technology has definitely shaped the modality in today’s world where it has changed reality and many people can easily access education. There are many people around the world who do not access to free education but with help of technology, they are able to acquire knowledge and get resources from the internet. As a future teacher, I should be mindful of how I approach modality learning style in my classroom. I should understand the diverse needs of my students.